scholastic art awards

---------

From: Sears, Ellen (ESears_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Jul 20 2004 - 17:58:07 PDT

I asked for info about NYC back in May - I took my oldest son to the
Scholastic Awards.

We had a great time, he was one away from a Gold Portfolio and at the last
minute someone gave $1000 for his Silver. The donor also gave us two
tickets to the board dinner at the Plaza after the ceremony. Over 500 kids
came to NYC - there were a handful at the dinner - maybe 15. I have to tell
you - the people involved with Scholastic are very excited for these kids.
Every person we met at registration was so happy for them, anytime they saw
someone with a medal on they went out of their way to congratulate the kids.
The president and CEO went to every table at the dinner and sat down to talk
to the students, as did many of the board members and supporters. It was
really very, very nice. So, if any of your students have the opportunity
to go - I would highly recommend it.

Ellen

---