journals/altered books

---------

From: Sears, Ellen (ESears_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Jul 20 2004 - 17:48:16 PDT

Right before the end of the year I bought a book called 'Decorated Page' -
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/1579902995/002-1718977-8544017
?v=glance

I have looked at it off and on over the summer - I shared it with one of
the Language Arts teachers, and she still has my original copy - just bought
a second.

If you need a little more guidance on how to proceed with classes, try this
book. It has sections on preparing the pages, layouts (really liked this
part) - and applications (lists, observations, reflections....). I am
taking materials from this book and combining with information from another
on altered books ( Altered Book Workshop -
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/1581805357/002-1718977-8544017
?v=glance ).

Just found out that I got the job as a writing mentor for grades 6-8 -
(resource person - still teaching art)- hope to incorporate some of the
journaling in other classes, or at least offer it up.

And if I am repeating anything - sorry.. I ma just getting back into the
list after being here and there, in and out for the month of June and part
of July.

Ellen

---