Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Asian - Africa - Latin American Links - all updated (Universes in Universe)

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Jul 20 2004 - 06:02:27 PDT

Greetings Art Educators,

This site has recently updated all of their directories for African - Asian
and Latin American Art:

Site maintained Dr.Gerhard Haupt and Pat Binder.

From their newsletter:

*** Africa: Art ***
Continent/Regions, South Africa

*** Asia: Art ***
11 countries and regions

*** Latin America: Art ***
9 countries and regions

*** CulturE-ASEF ***
Information system for the Cultural exchange between 10 Asian countries
and 15 European countries. A long-term joint project by Universes in
Universe - Worlds of Art and the Asia-Europe Foundation (ASEF), on-line
since March 2002.

*** Africa Remix - preview information ***
Large exhibition of contemporary African art. Starting on 24 July in
Düsseldorf, travelling then to London, Paris, Tokyo. Preview information
with list of artists - Photo tour by Universes in Universe as of the end
of July.

The Usseldorf Museum doesn't have much on their site that I could find on
the Africa Remix Exhibit (contemporary art of Africa) - I will explore more.
What I saw looks very good.

I do have Universes in Universe linked on my site for those regions.

Judy Decker - Ohio
Incredible Art Department
Incredible Art Resources