slide show from PDA?

---------

From: dkj (jouets_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Jul 19 2004 - 16:19:25 PDT

I've been toying with the idea of getting an entry-level PDA and it seems there is a device that will allow one to do slide shows from a PDA (to a digital projector) with full resolution. I've been lugging my laptop to school to do slide shows - doing this from a PDA would be much easier!
(I do have a computer in my classroom, but its location doesn't work too well for attaching the digital projector - which I can check out of the library.) Has anyone ever done this? If it's complicated or unreliable I wouldn't spend the money... the device I found is called a Margi Presenter-to-Go and costs about $175. Is there a cheaper way to do this?
What I really wish for is the projector always hooked up, and a remote control to raise and lower it from the ceiling in front of the screen. Sometimes I have to forego the slide show because there isn't enough time to set it up or take it down.
Failing that I would like to at least learn how to make a powerpoint presentation. I don't have that program anymore, though... it was on the hard drive that died a couple of years ago...
On one of the websites about this presenter thing, I read that you can show the slide on the screen, draw on the screen, and have notes on the PDA that don't show up on the large screen. That sounds nice, too)
Thanks for any info,
Deborah

---