Re: Book on Archival Issues?

---------

From: Maggie Tucker (arttucker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Jul 18 2004 - 08:34:54 PDT

Joe--
I've a book at school on art materials (really weighty--goes into chemical
compounding) which may help. I'm going by this afternoon and will e-mail
you the title.

Can anyone direct me to a book or books that deals with archival issues in
painting. A book that answer questions like is masonite a suitable
material to paint on? What kind of glue is best to use in gluing canvas to
a board? Should oil paints only be painted on an oil primed surface?

Maggie Tucker

arttucker@earthlink.net

---