Book on Archival Issues?

---------

From: Joe Cox (bjcoxteachart_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Jul 16 2004 - 16:02:15 PDT

Can anyone direct me to a book or books that deals with archival issues in painting. A book that answer questions like is masonite a suitable material to paint on? What kind of glue is best to use in gluing canvas to a board? Should oil paints only be painted on an oil primed surface? All of my books only deal with painting techniques and very little technical issues on how to prepare your painting surface.

Thanks and Blessings,
Joe

---