RE: You too can have Judy D. style yard art - see lesson plan

---------

From: Hillmer, Jan (HillmJan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Jul 16 2004 - 14:26:00 PDT

Your yard is gonna be so cool! The horse is my favorite so far.

 I'll have to rummage around and see what I have for my yard!

Jan

        Or short version lesson:
        http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/middle/Lessons/6sculpt.htm

        My unit is of course inspired by African Art - you could also use Oaxacan
        Art - and the work of Bill Hickman:
        http://www.hickmanstudio.com/animals2.htm

        You could coat the work with outdoor/waterproof varnish - we are using
        polyurethane and it is holding up.... Just don't use Sharpie markers as the
        lines will run (I can't coat my wood sculpture - but it is oil base enamel
        paints so should be OK -- photos to come of that one).

        Cheers!

        Judy Decker - Ohio
        Incredible Art Department
        http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/