Re: Whimsical, stylized animals

---------

From: artappeal (artappeal_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Jul 15 2004 - 09:45:21 PDT

was it Edward Said Tinga Tinga?
http://www.insideafricanart.com/Artists%20Main%20Pages/Tingatinga-main.htm

http://www.zanzibarconnection.com/tingact.htm

http://www.tanserve.com/culture/tinga.html

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Jillart1@aol.com
  To: ArtsEdNet Talk
  Sent: Wednesday, July 14, 2004 10:36 PM
  Subject: Whimsical, stylized animals

  I'm trying to locate an artist and can't remember his/her name. Perhaps someone can help me. These are paintings of stylized, almost whimsical animals in black and bright colors. The shape of the animals is similar to those by Keith Haring. I'm trying to put together a unit for elementary level. Thanks!
  Jill in Colorado ---
leave-artsednet-20359V@lists.getty.edu

---