Interactive ideas for elements and principles

---------

From: Aust ArtClasses (austart_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Jul 15 2004 - 08:31:43 PDT

For some of us, that ringing of the bell is just around the
corner. My mind is spinning trying to come up with ideas.
Do you have any you want to add to the list below. I am trying
to come up with interactive activities for students when it
comes to learning and retaining the elements and principls.

1. Line - Divide students into groups of five , Give each
student one of the directions of line (horizontal, vertical,
ziz-zag, curved, and diagonal. Then each student plays out the
type of line as best as they can . Others then ask questions
about how they may feel. Such as, laying down on top of table
would represent a horizontal line- now what do you think that
student who is laying down is going to do -hello- close their
eyes and possible go to sleep -therefor feeling restful- am I on
the right track here.

2. Or - and havent finished the thought process on this - you
know that yarn art they do in math on posterboard with diagonal
lines (brain shortage here( what if you went out side, placed
the students in a position in which you would find the holes on
that posterboard, and had one student give the end of yarn to a
student to begin, then that student would move from student to
student to create a large yard art display (yard art from judy
this morning). If some type of material was used that was
stiff, such as wire, then you could stake each point into the
ground and have yard art.

Okay, am I going crazy with these thoughts or what?

Jackie Brewer (Aust)
Bryan High School
Bryan Texas 77802
austart@bryanisd.org (Art Classes)