spred thin; :-) and classroom supples

---------

From: Catharine Ho (catharineho_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Jul 15 2004 - 01:25:30 PDT

Hello all, first of all - I wonder why it is that when I am spread so thin,
the wider I get!??? It seems every year I get busier and with that comes
another 5 lbs!
Seriously though, I am now using table artists and it is working well for
cleanup , I just need to keep a chart on the wall as to which group got
stuck doing the sink stuff as some kids remember and other kids will say
anything to avoid doing sink cleanup. As for managing my classroom supplies
you might want to use this strategy for your room if you get frequent
'visitors'. Among other things, I keep a basket full of half spent markers
in plain view so that when I come in and find a post it on my computer from
another teacher saying " Hi, just popped in to borrow the markers, thanks,
sx..elhfihol ( can't read the signature) I don't really care because my
good sets are all under lock and key. I leave out things that I am not too
worried about or have back ups of. I would also stress during your first
full staff meeting that although you would absolutely LOVE to order all of
the supplies for every other subject in the school that might make posters ,
science fair projects etc, your budget has already been spent for bare
minimum art supplies.My admin now makes this announcement for me. Can you
believe I actually had a teacher suggest that she send her 125 grade 7
science kids to me to order what they needed for their science projects and
that I should just make a list and submit it to the office under the science
budget and the office could reimburse me or I could just collect the money
for the kids myself for things like clay for volcanoes! keep smiling,
catharine in hong kong

FREE pop-up blocking with the new MSN Toolbar get it now!