Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Great Site for Art-Math Connections

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Jul 14 2004 - 18:48:38 PDT

Dear Art Educators,

Those of you trying to integrate math into your curriculum will go wild over
this site:
Ethnomathematics Digital Library
Jan Hillmer sent it to me.

I have already added some links to Kelli's Quilt lesson on IAD....
And here is one site on geometric patterns to tie in with Op Art - as well
as cultures.
There was another site with Lunda patterns from Africa (same person)

I will be updating my Art -Math - Science Page - AND will add a link to
World Cultures.
Browse Ethnomathematics by Subject (lots of ideas there), Cultural group, or
Geographic region.
I just looked at Decorative Arts (subject) - Africa and Amish (culture) and
Africa (region).

Judy Decker - Ohio
Incredible Art Department
Incredible Art Resources