Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: basketball opportunity

From: LINDA KIELING (KIELINGL_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Jul 14 2004 - 15:59:11 PDT

What a great opportunity.....we need to take advantage of all those that
we can get!! Although I think it would be great to have a "gallery"
area to display work it might be beneficial to tie into the sports

While in Denver for NAEA we saw the arch to the Coors Field baseball
stadium.... it has 108 relief tile pieces and is called "The Evolution
of the Ball" ....not only sports balls...oddball,eyeball, etc:-)
.........ok pictures of arch at

info and up close pic at
this can inspire some kind of permanent piece for your school!!

paint basketballs for an gesture drawings of
players......mascot cut from plywood and painted uniquely or in the
style of various artists......students take game photos, enlarge, crop &
create abstract paintings........visit the American Sport Art Museum and
Archive even has Sport Artist of the
Year!............. oh, the wonderful possibilities.............

keep us posted on what you do!!

Linda W. Kieling
Art Educator
OAEA Youth Art Month Chair