Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: basketball opportunity - Beth

From: Judith Decker (jdecker4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Jul 14 2004 - 08:39:27 PDT

Greetings Beth,

Is there a wall space for a permanent relief sculpture
installation? The students would make cardboard relief
sculptures a la Frank Stella on a sports/action scene
- primarily basketball...Then the parent organization
can select the ones they like best to be produced
larger in cut wood - and painted by the students. This
sculpture would be installed somewhere special - maybe
above the double doors leading into the gym?. Your
first exhibit of course would be the Sculpture reliefs
done by all of the students... Then future exhibits
could be my previous suggestion sent off list.

See Heather Leal's lesson plan:

Also consider doing a printmaking unit art about
sports- see Jeannie Sandoval's lesson plan:

I have a Design lesson - Art about Sports:
This could be adapted to hard edge acrylci

Lots of ideas....

Judy Decker

--- Elizabeth Heisey <> wrote:
> I have an open door with which I am not sure what to
> do. Our arts
> parent organization would like to promote our HS
> arts program at our
> home basketball games...... Can anyone help me make
the most of it?
> Beth in Ohio

Do you Yahoo!?