RE: BIG request for curriculum

---------

From: mary maloney johnson (maloneymk_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Jul 13 2004 - 03:34:40 PDT

Hi Julie,

I'm a member of the committee that wrote the art curriculum for the Diocese of Orlando. It is based on the national standards and the Florida state standards, with Catholic components added throughout. As long as you understand how to "read" the standards (they usually have introductions that are longer than the standards themselves) you should be able to use them.

It took us three years to write them. I can't imagine throwing anything together in my spare time over the summer.

I have them in a .pdf file. Anyone who wants them just ask. It's probably easier for me to send them than for you to find them... they are posted on the office of schools' web site... in an odd spot. If you look up the Diocese of Orlando Office of Schools the curriculums for all areas are listed under "News"

Let me know if anyone wants them They are 15 pages in a pdf. file, easy to print out and you could adjust them to fit your needs. I'm sure plenty of you are not able to use the Catholic components, but those aspects are really added in as extra considerations within areas that the national and state standards include. We always have to consider spiritual/Catholic/moral qualities aka in the public schools (variation on the theme) character education.

Kathy