Interesting artist- Hundertwasser

---------

From: cen_aca_dp (cen_aca_dp_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Jul 12 2004 - 09:56:27 PDT

Hello, all.
I recently stumbled accross a very interesting Austrian artist I'd never heard
of. Maybe some of you have heard of him: Friedensreich Hundertwasser. His work
is bright and full of life, just the stuff I love! He created paintings, but
also was interested in architecture and the ecology.
http://www.hitchams.suffolk.sch.uk/ict_art/hundertwasser/presentation.htm
http://www.kunsthauswien.com/english/hundertwasser.htm

His columns remind me of the beadpoles made by Alison Gooding:
http://www.zeekgallery.com/artistdetailpages/gardenart/gooding_pole1.htm

Found this website on Hundertwasser for kids:

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=de&u=http://www.lehrerweb.at/gs/projekte/be/hundertwasser/&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dhundertwasser%26start%3D10%26hl%3Den%26lr%3D%26ie%3DUTF-8%26sa%3DN

It has been translated from German, but still some remains untranslated. I
believe "spiele" is "play" (puzzles and games for kids) and the "Malerei"
seems to be the gallery of work. Don't take my word for it- I dropped German
after 2 weeks in college! Anyway, thought I'd share. Enjoy!

Denise Pannell
Defiance, OH

---