Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Interesting artist- Hundertwasser

From: cen_aca_dp (cen_aca_dp_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Jul 12 2004 - 09:56:27 PDT

Hello, all.
I recently stumbled accross a very interesting Austrian artist I'd never heard
of. Maybe some of you have heard of him: Friedensreich Hundertwasser. His work
is bright and full of life, just the stuff I love! He created paintings, but
also was interested in architecture and the ecology.

His columns remind me of the beadpoles made by Alison Gooding:

Found this website on Hundertwasser for kids:

It has been translated from German, but still some remains untranslated. I
believe "spiele" is "play" (puzzles and games for kids) and the "Malerei"
seems to be the gallery of work. Don't take my word for it- I dropped German
after 2 weeks in college! Anyway, thought I'd share. Enjoy!

Denise Pannell
Defiance, OH