Re: Appleworks Drawing Software patterned portraits

---------

From: Carolyn Roberts (croberts18_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Jul 12 2004 - 08:49:27 PDT

This lesson is very easily done with most any graphic software program that uses layers (and maybe some that DON'T have layers)...but if you want a written lesson plan, I can write out all of the instructions...step by step.

The lessons are done using digital photos that are opened up in the graphics program...then a layer added...then in this added layer, areas are selected with the "lasso tool" while drawing over the face...and colors poured into those areas. When finished with the painting of the face, you go back into the background layer and fill it with black. This covers the initial face photo and you see the black between the areas you have drawn on top of the face.

Carolyn Roberts
croberts18@cox.net

  That's what I was wondering. I think I'll go back to the site and see if there's an e-mail address to the teachers or school.

  ~ Kathleen Arola

  Aust ArtClasses <austart@bryanisd.org> wrote:
    "ArtsEdNet Talk" writes:
>http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www2.sd43.bc.ca/irvine/
    Does anyone know if pictures were taken of students for this
    project? I really love this lesson.

    Jackie Brewer (Aust)
    Bryan High School
    Bryan Texas 77802
    austart@bryanisd.org (Art Classes)

    Phone 979.209.2539

    Voice Mail 979.209.2539

    ---
leave-artsednet-20359V@lists.getty.edu

"Art washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life."

- Pablo Picasso