Harriet Tubman video

---------

From: Heather Leal (rayleal_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Jul 11 2004 - 14:14:11 PDT

Hi all-
Judy- thanks for sharing my lessons- Here is info on the video I use
with the heroes unit.

The Harriet Tubman video I use for the I Have a Dream/Heroes unit I did
is this one-
The Quest for Freedom- Harriet Tubman. Here is a link to it. There is a
quote I really like in it when Harriet crosses the border the first
time and realizes she is free about the sun coming through the trees
like gold that works really well for a start of a drawing. There is
also a quote about courage at the end that I use for a writing prompt.
It is an excellent video for middle school- upper elementary, even
early high school. It is part of a series called In Search of Heroes,
but this is the only one I have seen.

http://www.graceproducts.com/tubman/

I can only find the compete text of the I Have a Dream speech on the
internet, but if anyone wants a copy of the excerpt I use, I can send
it in August when I go back to school.

Heather

---