Heroes -"I have a Dream" Drawing all grade levels (Character Ed Lesson)

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Jul 11 2004 - 13:42:01 PDT

Dear Art Educators,

Heather Leal submitted an excellent lesson on Character Education.
I Have A Dream - Drawing:
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/Files/heather-dream.htm
She teaches middle schol - but this can be adapted to elementary and high
school - and in choice of media. What is really striking is her choice for
size. She cut the paer to 9" by 24"

I will get the resources linked an images added soon -- but wanted to shre
right away since it fits with current Getty theme.

This is what Heather has to say about her lesson:

This is a lesson I enjoy- it develops a bit more each year that I do
it- and I only do it every 2 or 3 years since some of my kids have me
more than one year and I don't want them to repeat things. I use 9x24"
paper for this and the long narrow format makes them arrange the images
in more unusual ways. Sometimes we have looked at Japanese landscapes
in a vertical format first for ideas. I have the copy of the speech I
use at school.... I also have the video at school about Tubman.
It is one they enjoy that has a boy from LA in the
present who is transported back to meet Harriet.
I will look up the video online and link it....as well as King's speech.
If no one minds, I will repost when I have all the work done.

Judy Decker - Ohio
Incredible Art Department
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/
Incredible Art Resources