Re: Character Education & "Sacred Circles" -Hands

---------

From: Bunki Kramer (bkramer_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Jul 11 2004 - 10:16:41 PDT

Los Cerros Middle School
968 Blemer Road
Danville, CA 94526

> From: "Judy Decker" <jdecker@woh.rr.com>
> Hands can be a postive symbol in MANY cultures - Often a symbol of
> protection and power.
>
> If anyone is really gets into Hands Symbolism - I would like your lesson for
> IAD - just a brief "this is what we did" and a couple images.
>
> - on what is common in cultures around
> the world...and admiring what hands have made...respect for differences.

Hi. Sorry if I'm sounding like a broken record but you can also find a
"hand" lesson on our website.....under "hand book"...

We made hands that were "bound" by a piece of ribbon and turned them into
books which each student made of all the hands combined. The books were
bound with the actual piece of ribbon we drew from. The theme was to unite
all the students into a community of one despite differences. The cover of
each book sported a plaster hand replica of the student's hand decorated in
tempera. Toodles......Bunki

---