Re: Character Education & "Sacred Circles" -Hands

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Jul 11 2004 - 09:13:17 PDT

Greetings,

Hands can be a postive symbol in MANY cultures - Often a symbol of
protection and power.

Here are Sharon Kennedy's Sacred Circles:
http://www.art-rageous.net/Hands.html

Here are Bunki Kramer's Sacred Circles:
http://www.lcms.srvusd.k12.ca.us/newKramer/SacredCircles/sacredcircles1.htm

Here are Gina Grant's Sacred Circles:
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/middle/Teachers/ggrant2.htm

Here are Mike Sacco's Sacred Circles:
http://www.myschoolonline.com/page/0,1871,6775-205612-4-74510,00.html

Did I leave anyone out?

If anyone is really gets into Hands Symbolism - I would like your lesson for
IAD - just a brief "this is what we did" and a couple images.

My lesson was a character ed lesson - on what is common in cultures around
the world...and admiring what hands have made...respect for differences. We
looked at textiles designs around the world for our Cultural Threads lesson.
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/middle/Lessons/7hands.htm
Thanks for the reminder to put these two ideas on the Hands theme page.

Judy Decker