Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: Character Education & "Sacred Circles" -Hands

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Jul 11 2004 - 09:13:17 PDT

Hands can be a postive symbol in MANY cultures - Often a symbol of
protection and power.

Here are Sharon Kennedy's Sacred Circles:

Here are Bunki Kramer's Sacred Circles:

Here are Gina Grant's Sacred Circles:

Here are Mike Sacco's Sacred Circles:,1871,6775-205612-4-74510,00.html

Did I leave anyone out?

If anyone is really gets into Hands Symbolism - I would like your lesson for
IAD - just a brief "this is what we did" and a couple images.

My lesson was a character ed lesson - on what is common in cultures around
the world...and admiring what hands have made...respect for differences. We
looked at textiles designs around the world for our Cultural Threads lesson.
Thanks for the reminder to put these two ideas on the Hands theme page.

Judy Decker