Re: COPYING RULE - Marvin's rules

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Jul 11 2004 - 07:20:49 PDT

Greetings Ann (and all)

I believe Percy is Marvin's middle name.

I have been telling all of you for a very long time that ideas a free for
the picking.... It is what you do with them that make them your own. So many
tell me - after I have spent HOURS (days- weeks) helping them that they can
not submit a lesson to Incredible Art Department because their ideas are not
original (chuckles).... Out of professional courtesy, just give credit where
credit is due. I credit all of the original artists who inspired my
lessons....but if I got it from a list member, I credit them, too. My
lessons are submitted to Incredible Art Department by me because I am the
one who wrote them up. Even then, those lesson plans can not be copyrighted
according to law....I suppose a collection of plans could be? My goal is to
get quality art education into the classrooms....so if it is out there
"steal" away.... Just be careful about PUBLISHING them elsewhere - that is
the sticky part.

Sensational Sunday!

Judy

---