Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: Interesting topic: Artistic freedom and The Patriot Act (long)

Date: Sat Jul 10 2004 - 06:50:10 PDT

In a message dated 7/10/04 8:46:27 AM, writes:

> art educator's encounter with the keystone
> cops. Artistic freedom is a touchy subject these days, apparently

Thank you so much for bringing this to the list. At the Teacher Institute
at Mass Art last week we touched on the artist's role in society and, very
briefly, meditated on the role of the artist in a repressive society, which led us
to think about the role of the art teacher in a less than supportive school
organization, and so on. But it is very important for all of us to take care
of our freedom to dissent, to innovate, to think outside the box, whether in
our schools or in society. Think, and vote.
kathy douglas