1000 Journals

---------

From: berquist (berquist_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Jul 09 2004 - 15:38:25 PDT

10. 1000 Journals
http://1000journals.com/

Librarians might read the title of this website and think, "Huh, 1000
journals, my library subscribes to lots more than that," but these are
the type of journals that contain stories, writings, and drawings by
people all over the world. The site documents a project that consists of
1000 physical, paper and print journals that have been travelling at
random throughout the world since August of 2000, with entries added by
many kinds of people (although artists and graphic designers
predominate). Visitors can view scans of page spreads from the journals,
and find statistics on the project, such as the fact that 999 journals
are in circulation, in 36 countries, 2 have been recently updated, and
227 scans are on display at the site. The site also provides
instructions on how to get in line for a journal - contact someone who
has one. To do this, find a journal at the site (numbers 1-700 work
best) and locate the email of the last person to have it. [DS]

>From The Scout Report, Copyright Internet Scout Project 1994-2003.
http://scout.wisc.edu/
Forwarded by
BJ Berquist