Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Russian Nesting Dolls - some History

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Jul 09 2004 - 12:44:57 PDT

Dear ArtsEdNetters,

Russian Nesting Dolls - called "Matryoshka" - came up on the list.... Here
is site that goes into the history of the dolls.... LOTS of images.

This site has many examples of Russian crafts
... good images. I recommend it for anyone doing a unit on Russian crafts.
Not necessarily a site you would have kids explore (It is a commercial
site) - but for you to grab images for PowerPoint presentations. Fair use
allows you to use them for in class only. Check Traditions and Folks Tales
too. Losts of stories to read to the kiddies.

Judy Decker - Ohio
Incredible Art Department
Incredible Art Resources