Middle School Lesson Ideas - Elements and Principles

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Jul 08 2004 - 12:23:18 PDT

Greetings Middle School Art Teachers,

I am "testing" this theme page.
MIDDLE SCHOOL IDEAS: Elements and Principles of Design
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/Files/nonob.htm

LeAnn got it started last summer. If it is to remain on the site, I would
like for it to have more examples. If no one sends in ideas and images, I
will simply move LeAnn's idea to the lesson page for Middle School
motivators. This looks like an easy one to motivate the "I Can't Draw"
student.

Send a brief blurb and image to me OFF LIST. None of these need to be
complete lesson plans (unless you already have one written). I would like
for there to be some art history reference, too.... I will eventually add
hyperlinks on the page to the art history resources.

I will add ideas as they come to me. This page answers a need of my survey
respondents last summer. If this one takes off - I'll do one for elementary
and one for high school. Maybe we don't need more lesson plans? Maybe we
only need a spark of the idea? Folks can write their own lesson plans...I am
finding more and more that many art teachers do not have to write lesson
plans (lucky you).

Judy Decker - Ohio
Incredible Art Department
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/