Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: Discipline Tip - Class Rules - Good first day lesson.

From: Aust ArtClasses (austart_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Jul 08 2004 - 11:15:05 PDT

I agree on the first few days. I hated it as a student going to
classes the first few days and getting the same rules basically,
then you gethome and mom and dad ask, "how was your first day of
school". Well, I could only tell them what I was not going to
be able to do. Besides, there is always "fruit basket
turn-overs" and you have to repeat yourself, which you have to
do anyhow from time to time.

I do like the point of focus on positives - what you can do. I
have one wall totally devoted to student work with printed
quotes (positive) such as, "well done", "knew you could" "great
team work", etc. I need to change that. The list came from
"101 ways to say well done"

Jackie Brewer (Aust)
Bryan High School
Bryan Texas 77802 (Art Classes) Mail)