art room rules (images)

---------

From: Dulcius (dulcius_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Jul 08 2004 - 05:55:09 PDT

I work in a central city school where we have a lot of gang involvement. I do go over the fact that subject matter inappropriate for school should not be created with school supplies/money. To further discourage it, I discuss the meaning of "cliche" images and symbols, and they have their points for creativity extremely reduced if they choose to use cliche images or color combinations (especially if it's the same color combination over and over!)
-Lydia

---