My Grading policy and Art room rules Elementary

---------

From: Christine Besack (mrsbeeswax_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Jul 08 2004 - 04:30:08 PDT

 Hi All,

Here is a copy of what I have out at open house night. I also send this home at times with my time out sheet, so that parents know what is expected of their student in my room. The art rules are posted in two places in the art room.

Hope this helps,

Christine Besack :)

Grading Policy in Art Class

In Art the grades are recorded on each student's report card (grades 1-5) in the areas of :

Participation

Preparation

Behavior

Skill usage

Each project or activity is evaluated in the following areas:

Effort shown on project or activity

Direction following for the required tasks

Completion

In calculating a letter grade for the marking period, and the year end grade, the areas are totaled and weighed as follows

Participation = 50%

Preparation = 25%

Behavior =25%

Skill is indicated, as the ability to perform tasks required, not as artistic talent.

The students are required to bring a pencil to each Art class.

Art Rules

1. We will raise our hand to ask or answer.

2. We will stay in our seat to stay on the job.

3. We will share the supplies, and our ideas.

4. We will keep our bodies to ourselves.

5. We will respect our room, our supplies, and each other.

Consequences

1. Verbal Warning

2. Time-Out

3. Written Time-Out