RE: new teacher, quotes, need art room rules

---------

From: Hillmer, Jan (HillmJan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Jul 07 2004 - 13:05:45 PDT

Altho it is boring to do the same thing on each grade level, keeping some things similar help lots, especially your first year. I'd suggest lumping 2 grades together as far a lesson plans go, but perhaps change one thing from one grade to the other. That way you won't have so many similar projects. Keep the basic lesson similar,tho. After a year, you'll have a better feel on things. One of my previous schools kept me very busy, and having the supplies and lesson plans out for 2 classes - instead of getting out supplies and doing lesson plans for every class - really helped. However, none of my classrooms have been large enough to store ongoing sculpture or clay projects for more than 1 grade level (generally 3 classrooms of kids per grade). Now, tho, I even tweak the same lesson for different classes within the same grade - depending on their needs or my previous experience with the project ( the learn-as-you-go type of experience!)
Jan