RE: classroom rules

---------

From: Freeland, Sue (freelas_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Jul 07 2004 - 08:29:13 PDT

I did not send an attachment to my post so please discard the previous entry on this subject.
Sue

I have begun to number everything...the watercolor trays, the paint brushes, the pastel boxes...everything I can.
Each student has a number in my rank book and they keep that number, everything they use is that number. If a brush gets left in the sink I just go back to the person who used it last...
A sub I had last year thought this was great, even he found it easy to use. My Brushes are in a holder all in order so the numbers are easy to find, the paint trays and pastels all have numbers on the ends as well as the tops so they are easy to find on the shelf. I do need to once in a while search out a tray that another person has "borrowed" I make them give it back and then locate theirs.
Palettes are easy to track now (as to who is not cleaning them)...
I have found that at the end of the year I have not gone through so much materials!
Hope this helps...
From another who strives to be organized and neat... I am really trying although sometimes it is quite the struggle...
Sue

---