Re: camera question

---------

From: Marvin Bartel (marvinpb_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Jul 06 2004 - 13:33:50 PDT

>. . . I want to buy a filter to create dream-like effects on my SLR
>camera. . . . Thanks, Marcia

Often these dream-like soft focus effects are made by placing a bit
of thin Vaseline smeared on to an ordinary haze filter. Try leaving
a clean spot in the filter so you can get a sharp spot in one part of
the picture such as the eyes of a person or a place near the center
of a scene. There are also sets of filters that produce all kinds of
gimmicky effects. The filter size depends on the camera lens. The
older normal lenses needed either 49 or 52 mm filters, but the newer
self-focusing lenses often take larger filters. Read the size from
the front of the lens. Our local camera dealer has box of used
filters - a good place to start. Try to find something used at a
place where you can carry the camera in with you to make sure it fits.

Marvin Bartel

---