Re: Russian Architecture Elementary Ideas?

---------

From: Christine Sumner - Lyman (Caslcat_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Jul 05 2004 - 22:23:37 PDT

Re: Russian Architecture Elementary Ideas?I did 3 d Basilicas in clay w/ 6th graders. They were on my old site at http://www.jefffleming.com/lyman on the 6th grade page. I have recently redone my site. I am unsure if the old site is still housed there -new server. I also did these in relief with 1st graders. Look up online- St Peter's Cathedral in Russia- lots of great pictures- also, search under "Russian architecture"- you'll get lots of hits. I printed these photos to use as references. Check out Sovietski.com -this is a commercial site that is devoted to Russian crafts and exports. It is the best I've seen. Lots of ideas. Get a catalog from them for color pics of these items.
Hope this helps you. I live in Binghamton,NY w/ a very large population of Russian/Slovak/Polish (Eastern European) heritage.
Christine in Bingahmton.