Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: hello Kathleen! See her Scratch Art lesson for elementary

From: Judith Decker (jdecker4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Jul 05 2004 - 18:39:24 PDT

Greetings Kathleen,

It is good to have you with us.

Kathleen has already shared one lesson for all.
Abstract Animals Scratch Art
I enjoyed the links on your lesson, too

I will add some Internet resource for Abstract
Animals, too...Some sources would be Senufo cloth
(West Africa), African art (many cultures), Aboriginal

I have Animal symbolism online. That might be fun to
tie in:
Many animals listed (lists have duplications)
These lists have been copied from the Internet....

Kathleen - I might have some images on file if you are

Here area some additional Scratchboard artists - file
provided by Wendy Free:

I'm looking forward to more great ideas from you.

Judy Decker

--- K A <> wrote:
> Hello Everyone ~
> My name is Kathleen, and I live in Arizona. This
> upcoming school year will be my first year of
> teaching K - 6 art. I'll be at one school in the
> mornings and another in the afternoons, and I'll see
> each class every third day. After the first
> semester, I'll do the same thing with different
> groups of classes. Right now I'm trying to organize
> the mess of supplies left by the previous teacher -
> quite a task!

Do you Yahoo!?