Re: hello Kathleen! See her Scratch Art lesson for elementary

---------

From: Judith Decker (jdecker4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Jul 05 2004 - 18:39:24 PDT

Greetings Kathleen,

It is good to have you with us.

Kathleen has already shared one lesson for all.
Abstract Animals Scratch Art
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/Files/kathleen-scratch.htm
I enjoyed the links on your lesson, too

I will add some Internet resource for Abstract
Animals, too...Some sources would be Senufo cloth
(West Africa), African art (many cultures), Aboriginal
X-ray.

I have Animal symbolism online. That might be fun to
tie in:
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/middle/animals.htm
Many animals listed (lists have duplications)
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/Files/animals.htm
These lists have been copied from the Internet....

Kathleen - I might have some images on file if you are
interested.

Here area some additional Scratchboard artists - file
provided by Wendy Free:
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/Files/scratchboard.htm

I'm looking forward to more great ideas from you.

Judy Decker