Shameless plug...my first book

---------

From: Larry Seiler (lseiler_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Jul 04 2004 - 08:47:52 PDT

Proof we have lives outside the classroom, I shamelessly plug that I
finished my first book on painting, this one on painting landscapes. It was
a 3-4 year effort...and the format is unique in that I chose to put it out
in Adobe Acrobat Reader format CD ROM...which comes with a version of Adobe
Acrobat to download for PC's. Macs come standard with Acrobat already
loaded in. The CD is both Mac and PC friendly.

Its a mammoth manual at 307 pages...and I believe goes beyond where many
how-to books do not go. I guess I felt one more easy how-to book wasn't
needed, but one that was indepth in how to see...how to compose and so forth
would be valuable. One advantage of course with the CD ROM is that if you
have a projector that is set up to a computer or laptop...you could pop it
in to use as examples.

The genre is landscape...but how the eye works, is led by the artist to
journey thru the work and so forth is important for portraiture and all
genres really.

At any rate...you can find out more about it below my signature link if
interested.

One thing I appreciate about my smaller school here in the northwoods of
Wisconsin is the family-like laid back attitude. When the doors shut at the
end of the year...they are not shut. We keep our keys...have access to our
rooms and so forth. Yesterday, cut up 44 masonite panels in various
sizes...and today will prepare a good number of them, adhering alkyd primed
linen to them. Its a nice time to use the larger space, crank up tunes I
like (without complaints) and work.

Hope everyone is having a good summer!!! Take care...
Judy...thanks too for sharing the availability of this book elsewhere as you
have.

Larry Seiler
My book on Landscape Painting now available!
http://www.artlandishconcepts.org/newbook.htm

My artist website-
http://www.artlandishconcepts.org
My musical side-
http://www.artlandishconcepts.org/music_page.htm

Visit my own artist's forum!
http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Signature member of NAPPAP- "National Academy of Professional Plein Air
Painters"
http://nappap.org

"Success is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm!"
Winston Churchill

---