Permission to use your "Number One Rules for Teaching Art"

---------

From: Judith Decker (jdecker4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Jul 03 2004 - 09:11:36 PDT

Wow that didn't take long....

Already, someone wants to use your words of wisdom for
"Number One Rules for Teaching Art". I have heard from
Charlot Cassar from Malta (she is on Art Education
list):

From Charlot

I am working on a paper about definitions of teaching,
good teaching and good practice and I would like to
refer to some of the quotes on
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/teacher.htm. How
do I go about requesting permission? Is there the
need?
----------------------------------

This is how I answered her:

These teachers want their ideas used by others (on
this particular file). Your paper is "not for profit"
so I see no need to worry about quoting them.
-------------------------------------

To all who contributed,

I do not give permission to use your lesson plans in
publications.... but on a file like this (to benefit
all art teachers) I would like to give permission. If
anyone objects - let me know off list. Charlot is not
a member of Getty. I will tell her which quotes she
can not use.

Thanks in advance,

Judy Decker

=====