Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: Advice (Please!) for New Art Teacher (K-12)

Date: Sat Jul 03 2004 - 09:10:29 PDT

In a message dated 7/3/04 10:20:36 AM, writes:

> For the highschool group, as soon as the students become accustomed to your
> participation and behaviour expectations, processes, etc., introduce a
> choice-based strategy utilizing a project menu of some sort if having a bunch of
> 'work stations' is not practical.

choice does not have to wait until high school to begin...and keep in mind
that students who have not had choice in the lower grades may need a lot of
extra scaffolding at the high school level when they first begin to look to
themselves for their art ideas...Your schedule sounds very interesting!
kathy douglas