Graffiti Creator

---------

From: marcia lavery (marciadotcom_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Jul 03 2004 - 08:33:19 PDT

Anyone who is doing a Name/Graffiti/Tag Lesson might find this website useful.. You can type in words to have it transformed to graffiti. It might be a fun "extra" thing for kids to do. http://www.mindgem.nu/graffiti.html Marcia Lavery

Judith Decker <jdecker4art@yahoo.com> wrote:Dear ArtsEdNetters,

Jennifer Auble has shared a lesson with me she uses
with 8th graders.

From Jennifer:

This is a good introductory lesson for my 8th graders.
You could file it under design, lettering, or the
artist Keith Haring and Symbolism. I like to start
the trimester with this project because it helps me to
learn their names, learn about them while they
brainstorm symbols/designs about themselves, and it
also shows me what level they are at in their drawing
and knowledge of art supplies. For those who struggle
with symbolism, they can do straight lettering and
design an original tag made up only of creative
lettering. They enjoy learning about Keith Haring and
the graffiti discussion is always lively. We also hit
on plagiarism and the importance of originality in the
final design. The principles are learned easily
because they have to incorporate them in the design
and then tell me how they emphasized the principles.
The self evaluation is like a wrap up quiz at the end
of the project.

Principles of Design Tag Lesson - 8th art
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/Files/jen-tag.htm
Student self devaluation:
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/Files/jen-eval.htm
Rubric:
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/Files/jen-rubric.htm
(Note - her tables didn't translate right into html -
you may have to set up a table yourself - but you can
see what she had in mind).

Thanks Jennifer! I will get this on the site offically
soon...but wanted to share it as soon as possible with
all. The formatting will all change when I put it into
Front Page.

This is what the "File for Sharing" is all
about....Files are shared for all art ed list members.
Once I get all the work done, they are linked for "the
world". Files that are not needed are removed from the
site (but I keep them to share again).

If you don't save the links or files - the pages will
come up on the IAD home page search (they will not
come up if you search from my site). Contents of this
folder on the server changes too much for me to create
an index right now.

Judy Decker

=====
Judy Decker