RE: Russian Architecture Elementary Ideas?

---------

From: cen_aca_dp (cen_aca_dp_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Jul 03 2004 - 08:19:42 PDT

The nesting dools are called matryoshka:
http://www.emilysgifts.com/matryoshkadolls.htm

I saw a beautiful watercolor lesson based on the Russian architecture in the
Usborne Book of Art Skills. They painted the rectangles for the buildings wiht
the watercolor and added the domes and details such as dots and pattern with
gold paint pen. You won't be able to see an image, but here is the link for
the book:
http://www.usborne.com/generic_title.asp?Primary=1096

Denise Pannell
Defiance, OH