Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: Russian Architecture Elementary Ideas?

From: houstonia nerd (houstonianerd_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Jul 02 2004 - 17:12:06 PDT

I have a set of these from when I taught elementary school and I just use them in still-lifes now...
I think focusing on the patterning that is used in painting (?maybe?) the domes would be interesting.
Good Luck! wrote:
Any suggestions/ideas/brainstorms out there for a lesson inspired by the architecture of Russian cathedrals and their painted "onion" style domes? I have been inspired by this for years and have been slowly collecting photos of this distinct type of architecture. I would love to introduce this to my elementary students this year, and am going through some "artist block" Must be the summer!
Patti in Toledo, OH

Do you Yahoo!?