RE: 9/11 mural

---------

From: cen_aca_dp (cen_aca_dp_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Jul 02 2004 - 14:59:55 PDT

Last year, to honor Patriot Day (9/11), I had students create a tag to be hung
on our trees outside the art room. They drew a picture on one side and wrote a
message on the back. We punched a hole in the end, tied on colorful thread,
and hung them to the trees for the day. Some blew off and they were rained on,
but it still made an impact on the students. I do have a photo somewhere-
might be at school, but I would be willing to email it to you if you are
unterested.

Denise Pannell
Defiance, OH

>===== Original Message From PrimaryE@aol.com =====
>Hi....I need to do a project for Sept. 11th each year that includes the whole
>elementary school. Last year I had every student design a 2 1/2 star and I
>had them come to a long black mural and glue on their star. In the center
was
>a large 9/11 and the famous photo of the firefighters raising the flag. I
>know it's early but I thought I'd catch some of you before you leave for
>vacations. What have you done before? Any ideas? Thanx.
>

>---

---