Re: Russian Architecture Elementary Ideas?

---------

From: Judith Decker (jdecker4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Jul 02 2004 - 12:38:51 PDT

Greetings Patti,

I posted a bunch of stuff last summer - so won't bore
everyone reposting that.... (interested folks can
check June and July 2003 archives)

What grade levels are you thinking about using
architecture with? I think it would be nice to use
Russian art across the board. Something for each grade
level. Maybe even a couple lessons per grade? Try to
get the ARTaFacts magazine for Faberge - they are
still available last I checked. (Link to ARTaFacts on
Art Stores on IAD - but is easy to find).

Order a copy for elementary to get some good lesson
plans - and maybe one copy for secondary so you get
more details on Faberge? I would love to see someone
do a lesson - maybe making a foil tooled "treasure"
box? Or maybe get a bunch of the plastic eggs at the
end of the season and actually make some treasure
eggs?

I would like to share some lesson ideas by Christine
Sumner Lyman:
http://www.jefffleming.com/lyman/
See her 6th grade ceramic basilicas. She has a Faberge
egg lesson and has done some of those stacking dolls -
I don't see those on the site.

IAD wants your lesson/lessons for Russian art. I need
some place to stash all of those links I sent to you
(smile).

Do Chagal fantasy.....or do Jawlenski portraits.....
so many possibilities!

I can't wait to see what the kiddies do.

Judy Decker