What is your number one rule for teaching? (Advice for New Teachers)

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Jul 02 2004 - 10:53:00 PDT

Thanks Christa - and all,

Here is the updated file for Your Number One Rule for Teaching,
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/teacher.htm

I will be adding another one.

Allow for choices. Allow for the unexpected - for something new. How will
you get something new if you have too much of a preconceived idea what the
lesson will look like? I was almost most satisfied with a lesson the first
time I did it with students. If I repeated a lesson - I tired to add
something new to it - change it in some way. Keep your teaching fresh.

This page is not offically linked up yet as I wanted you folks to get a
chance to review what has been said. I will officially link it after I
revamp the page I have for Art Teacher files. I will still add more comments
you share.

Dan's file is also back online for new teachers:
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/Dan.htm
I will be connecting these two files. These files will only be at these URLs
for a short time.

Judy Decker

---