Monet's Garden Sponge Painting - Elementary Lesson

---------

From: Judith Decker (jdecker4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Jul 02 2004 - 10:13:54 PDT

Dear ArtsEdNetterss,

I have added Cathy Gaul's lesson for Monet to the
lesson plan page from Pam Stephens. Cathy came up with
this lesson all on her own - but I can see how one can
use Pam's lesson to "tweak" to write up to please
those administrators. Pam has submitted her lesson
summaries to help other art teachers. Those of you who
like Cathy's lesson - can tweak Pam's plan (please
credit both in your "inspired by" if you post these to
a site - give credit where credit is due. I don't care
what your administrator sees).

Here is the lesson for Sponge Painted Monet's Garden:
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/elem/Pam-monet.htm
Click on 4th grade link at top for Cathy's lesson.

There is no need to reinvent the wheel when you write
lessons.... Sometimes I would search the web to see if
anyone wrote up a lesson similar to mine (when I was
short for time). I enjoyed creating my own lessons by
looking at art - I just hated writing the lesson
plans. My administrator never read them - we just had
to turn them in. I could have had gibberish, I guess.
Technically, a lesson plan can not be copyrighted -
but I think we owe it to art teachers to credit them
we use their plans. I will be "calling" for lessons
using Pam Stephens 15 Kindergarten Summaries in the
future....and will put them online like this lesson -
with Pam's lesson and your description on what you
did. All of you who received them agreed to share
back just ONE lesson using them. Fair trade.

I will be doing more lesson ideas this way.... Just
sharing the blurbs that are posted to the list and
turning the lesson writing over to all of you....That
is your job, too (grin).

Continue sharing ideas.... If IAD lesson plan base is
going to grow - it will have to come from you. Images
are needed for plans to be linked.... I will share
through file for sharing without the images. I have
several idea pages started - and will be posting
additions to those from time to time. Complete lessons
are not needed for those pages (but are always welcome
- and will be linked separately).

Judy Decker

=====
Judy Decker