Re: Advice (Please!) for New Art Teacher (K-12)

---------

From: martha (artsymartsy_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Jul 01 2004 - 18:12:05 PDT

  Hi Michele,
  I was 37 when I got my first art teacher position, too. As an undergrad in art college it never occurred to me to try teaching. It is amazing how our lives change and evolve if we let them. I teach at the middle/high school level so I do not have much to offer you, but do search the ArtsEdNet archives. I have found this to be priceless- there is so much info and advice. There is a book I suggest you get Emphasis Art,A Qualitative Art Program for Elementary and Middle Schools by Frank Wachowiak and Robert Clements. This is an excellent source to help you get started in your new career.
  Good Luck,
  Martha

---