Peacemaker Character Traits - Sandy J and Jill

---------

From: Judith Decker (jdecker4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Jul 01 2004 - 11:25:33 PDT

I am looking through my Art4Peace folder now...

Here is a post I had from Sandy J:

From Sandy J (Getty and Art Education member)

Our school learns about a specific Peacemaker
Character Trait each month - this month the theme is
Good Judgment - and a boy and girl in each homeroom
have their name announced for exemplifying the trait
at our First Friday Mass. Recently, a group of art
students designed a poster for the Peacemaker Project
that depicted a gold cross on a black background. The
positive Peacemaker traits were listed and illustrated
on the cross, and negative words (hate, anger,
disrespect, gossip, etc.) were depicted in the
black areas. The poster was so well received that the
students have been asked to make a larger, more
permanent version in a quilt format for our new
school addition. I'm very proud of them! Sandy J
-------------------------------------

You folks won't all be able to do a cross. We know
that...What about a Peace Dove? or a Peace Sign? (See
the Historical Peace Collage that was posted, Jill)
Peacemaker Character Traits are NOT about religion.
That is a misconception that many hold. Peace bridges
all cultures. Who are the heroes for peace.
Post and I will compile all.

Happy planning Jill....Sandy J - I would love to have
all of your ideas. I will put them all on a page on
IAD...This is a much needed topic for all Art
Ed.....and well worth my time.

Judy Decker

=====
Judy Decker