News from Fran in Pittsburg - Pleine Aire

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Jul 31 2003 - 11:50:52 PDT

"Experts" please change Fran's email address (Pennsylvania). Her new address
is: fmarze@verizon.net
For some reason Lyris is not letting her post. Usually that means you have
to unsubscribe - then resubscribe to fix that glitch.

Here is Fran's message for you:

I tried to post a message about pleine aire painting. I belong to a group in
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania which is actually called the Western Pennsylvania
Pleine Aire group as there are people who are outside the city in the group.
We go to different spots weekly. Last weekend we had a nice treat: invited
paint at the Allegheny West house and garden tour. It is an historic
Pittsburgh neighborhood on the North Side not far from the PNC (baseball)
field and the Heinz Field (football) At any rate my friend and I each sold
the
painting we were working on as soon as we finished. Quite a nice treat plus
the fun of people coming by and some of them admiring your work.

It is great practice. I would like to get this message out so maybe you can
forward it to the group. I retired last June but am continuing the interest
in
art ed through applying to be a docent at the Carnegie Museum of Art. I am
ready for the second phase of training in Oct/Nov. Plus I am taking figure
drawing classes at the museum and using the open model studios to work on
life
drawings. So , yes , there is life after retirement--not counting trying to
learn to bowl 10 pins and golf a little better.

Email Fran fmarze@verizon.net

Glad to help you in any way I can, Fran.

Judy Decker - Ohio
Jdecker@woh.rr.com
Incredible Art Department
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/