Re: digest - Laurie (and all) try Mailwasher

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Jul 31 2003 - 08:56:13 PDT

Sorry folks, I am posting this to the list to save me some time rewriting it
for folks who ask me off list.

Getty got too many complaints about the digest so they discontinued it (Nick
Brod called it "Distress mail"). Only folks who are on the digest now can
get it that way. Getting the messages as they are posted is your only
option. What I might suggest to you is to get Mailwasher so you can delete
unwanted mail before you even download. Only download the subject headings
you want to read. http://www.mailwasher.net/ . I read it all - but only
download those I want to reply to.

This has saved me LOTS of time...and I can bounce spam so easily and
blacklist it. You will be glad you downloaded the software. Maggie White
suggested Mailwasher to me...it has made receiving mail so much more
enjoyable. Do bounce/blacklist that Nigerian mail.... I have been trying
another route and some just are not getting it (Maggie - have a chuckle - I
bounced them today)

Judy