Re: Thanks for input on school sched, plan/conf. periods?

---------

From: Aust ArtClasses (austart_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Jul 31 2003 - 06:26:52 PDT

Deborah,
Do you belong to either of the Texas classroom teachers
associations. You might want to check with them also. By the
way, Texas Senate Bill 815 now requires all school districts to
implement the direction of the TEKS, even art. In the past the
TEKS for art were only guidelines. The policy goes into effect
this year but district can get a wavier to have implemented by
next year, I believe. As stated, the only difference in
between Foundation and Enrichments courses at this time is that
the Foundation courses are tested statewide. Other than that,
we are all same level(did I say that.......?)

Jackie Brewer (Aust)
Bryan High School
Bryan Texas
austart@bryanisd.org (Art Classes)