Knott Just Another Quote - Honesty

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Jul 30 2003 - 19:55:10 PDT

Dear Art Educators,

I sure would make a lousy administrator - I can't seem to get my "Quotes of
the day" out in the morning..... Things just keep popping up for me to do.
Well....anyway. I have been talking today with two Deborah's so today in is
honor of Deborah (also my sister's name). Deborah means honesty (My sister
was a little too honest at times -- smile).

If you tell the truth you don't have to remember anything.~ Mark Twain
(1835 - 1910)
When in doubt, tell the truth. ~ Mark Twain (1835 - 1910)
I have found that being honest is the best technique I can use. Right up
front, tell people what you're trying to accomplish and what you're willing
to sacrifice to accomplish it
~ Lee Iacocca
Honest disagreement is often a good sign of progress. ~ Mahatma Gandhi
Honesty is the first chapter in the Book of wisdom. Let it be our endeavor
to merit the character of a just nation. ~ Thomas Jefferson
I hope I shall always possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I
consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man.
~ George Washington
One falsehood spoils a thousand truths. ~ African Proverb
"Honesty is the cornerstone of all success, without which confidence and
ability to perform shall cease to exist." ~ Mary Kay Ash (I don't know who
Mary Kay Ash is/was)
The life of the nation is secure only while the nation is honest, truthful,
and virtuous. ~ Frederick Douglass
What you don't see with your eyes, don't witness with your mouth. ~ Jewish
Proverb
It does not require many words to speak the truth. ~ Chief Joseph

Now, this one just made me chuckle:
Be Silly. Be honest. Be kind. ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Off the topic - I will close with this one just for Patty Knott - just in
case she is reading. I don't know who John Raper.
There is no pleasure in having nothing to do, the fun is having lots to do
and not doing it. (John W. Raper)
I am glad there are things Patty did not get done today. I had fun talking
to her, too.

I'll just do these quotes during the summer....Those of you who like quotes
can save them -- or ask me for the files during the school year.

Here is a good site posted by Dawn (I think):
http://www.painterskeys.com/quotations.htm

Good night all,

Judy Decker - Ohio
Jdecker@woh.rr.com