YIKES!! I got a job!

---------

From: Maggie White (mwhiteaz_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Jul 30 2003 - 16:13:01 PDT

Hi, all,

In the space of one week I saw a tiny ad for an art teacher, checked out
the school, had a formal interview Monday, and was just notified I'm in.
  That's the good news. The scary news is, it's grades 5-8. The 7-8
graders will have had a year or two of art from the previous teacher,
but not the 5-6ers. My question: WHAT DO I DO WITH THEM?!

I think I'll have the 5-6ers for just nine weeks; not sure about the
7-8s. I would love to know your basic scope and sequence with each of
these four grade levels. I can figure out lessons myself if you'll give
me an idea what to introduce--concepts and media--at what grade level,
and at what point in the nine weeks. I've tended to go more for depth
than breadth at the HS level, but guess I'll be doing more introductory
stuff with the younger ones?

I hope to do some collaborations with the other teachers. The principal
seems very supportive and says he'll back me up if all they want from me
are my supplies or 25 jack o'lanterns by the end of the day ;)

Maggie, on the verge of panic (teachers start on Monday!!!)

---